Ok, meds were delivered as promised by Avella Specialty Pharmacy and delivered for free same day by Medex Courier Inc. Here's the breakdown of cost between United Healthcare and CVS Caremark. Also, Follstim came, not sure I knew I was getting that? This must be how old people feel with all their meds... yikes! My husband was singing the infertility version of 12 days of Christmas while I unpacked them.
- 2 boxes of 8 (16) Vivelle Dot 1mg estradiol patches. Put 2 near belly button every 3 days. $11.43
- 10 pills of 50mg Clomid. 2 each morning for 5 days (100mg/day) $20.00
- 2 boxes of 15 (30) Crinone (progesterone gel 8%). Once daily, single use vaginal applicators (yuck). $11.07
- 14 pills of 100mg Doxycycline. 2x a day for 1 week. 16¢
- 4 pills of 500mg Azithromycin 2 once a day for 2 days. $2.02
- 1 prefilled vial of Follistim AQ 300iu $266 plus a free Follistim pen and kit (actually kinda cute little purse thing).
- 1 prefilled syringe of Ovidrel 250iu. $94.64
So... cost of infertility drugs $405.50... cost of first try IUI success... priceless. Prayers up!